Shareholder disputes often arise out of complex business issues and stakeholders need an experienced legal professional representing them. At Brown & Charbonneau, LLP, our Irvine shareholder dispute lawyers have the legal knowledge and business backgrounds necessary to provide top-notch legal representation.
Shareholder disputes must be addressed efficiently and affordably to preserve financial investments and ensure the business remains sound. With over 75 years of collective experience and unwavering dedication to our clients, Brown & Charbonneau, LLP attorneys are prepared to help ensure your dispute is resolved using the best approach for your situation.
Irvine Attorneys Represent You in Shareholder Disputes
Shareholder and other business disputes may arise for a variety of different reasons including disagreements on actions majority shareholders take; actions by one or more shareholders to terminate the relationship; or allegations of fraud or illegal behavior made by minority shareholders.
Regardless of the cause of the dispute, it is important to be represented by a legal professional with both a business and finance background who can understand the issues and provide you with advice on your options. Brown & Charbonneau, LLP attorneys not only have corporate legal experience but we are also business owners with advanced knowledge of the ins-and-outs of shareholder disputes. For example, can an owner who is an officer and director resign and start a competing company?
Our Irvine attorneys can represent clients on a variety of different issues that cause disagreements among shareholders. Our attorneys can bring their expertise to the table to assist with:
- Shareholder derivative actions.
- Business sales, mergers and acquisitions.
- Fraud and concealment.
- Temporary restraining orders, injunctions and receivers
- Breach of fiduciary duty claims
- General Counsel and consulting services
- Business enterprise valuations, valuations of physical assets/equipment and real estate.
- Forensic investigations in cases of fraudulent transactions or misappropriation.
- Digital forensics to facilitate the discovery of questionable activities.
- Diversion of corporate revenues, funding personal expenses through corporate accounts.
- Analyzing buy/sell agreements including a thorough financial assessment.
- Quantification of marketability discounts.
- Succession planning issues.
- Corporate reorganizations and joint ventures.
- Debt and equity restructuring.
- Owner incompetence claims and/or elder abuse.
- Licensing, distributorships and other agreements.
These are just some of the services that we can offer to clients involved in a shareholder dispute.
How Our Irvine Shareholder Disputes Attorneys Can Help
Resolving shareholder disputes involves assessing the legal and financial issues and outlining a strategic approach to protect your investment and interests. Brown & Charbonneau, LLP will tailor our representation to your specific case, keeping the big picture in mind. The goal is an effective and affordable resolution of the dispute that achieves the most favorable outcome for clients as well as preserving the value of the business.
From understanding legal approaches to assessing risks, our legal experience and business background will prove invaluable in assisting in the resolution of disputes among shareholders. Often, preserving relationships among owners is important and our attorneys are prepared to take a cooperative approach to facilitate an amicable resolution. If the dispute must be resolved through litigation, arbitration or mediation, our attorneys are here and ready to help you make the strongest case possible.
Our Irvine shareholder dispute lawyers represent majority owners; minority owners and 50 percent owners in large and small corporations and closely-held companies. Call today or contact us online to speak with a member of our legal team and learn more about the assistance we can provide.