What are the Services Offered by a Family Law Attorney?
There are many different services offered by an Orange County Family Law Attorney. It is important for families to determine if they will require professional help when they have a legal issue. Although many people have not hired a lawyer before and are not sure where to start with the process, getting proper legal help is essential so you do not find yourself with any important family relationships put at risk.
Brown & Charbonneau, LLP can provide you with the help that you need if you are involved in any type of family law issue. Our legal team has extensive experience offering help to divorcing couples; to individuals and couples who are adopting; to parents involved in custody disputes, and more. When something as important as your relationships with your kids or your financial stability after divorce are at stake, you need a legal advocate who you can count on. Let us help you.
What are the Types of Cases an Orange County Family Law Attorney Handles?
There are a wide range of different legal issues which may arise and which may require involvement with California Family Courts. Brown & Charbonneau, LLP provides help with the different issues that can necessitate formal legal processes take place in family court. Some of the many different kinds of cases that we can help with include:
- Custody and paternity
- Spousal support
- Child support
- Modifications of court orders
- Domestic abuse
Whether your marriage or relationship is coming to an end, you are concerned about abuse, or you are worried about how finances are affecting your family, we can advocate on your behalf to make the legal system in California work to protect you.
What are the Services Offered by an Orange County Family Law Attorney?
Family law attorneys do many different things when we handle cases on your behalf. Although the services we provide will vary depending upon the specific kind of case that you are involved in, some of the tasks that we can handle on your behalf include:
- Filing court paperwork: We can assist you in filing for divorce, filing for annulment, seeking an order of protection, or asking the court for a custody or support modification. There are specific requirements for when, where, and how you must file motions and pleadings within the California family court system. We understand the procedural rules and will make sure you comply.
- Negotiating divorce settlements and custody arrangements: We help to make the negotiation process easy by dealing with your ex’s lawyer on your behalf and by explaining default California rules so you know what types of outcomes are reasonable.
- Advising you of your rights: As you negotiate a divorce settlement or go through any family court process, you need to know what your rights are so you do not give up property, access to your kids, or anything else that matters to you based on a misconception of the law that you might have.
- Going through divorce mediation: Mediation is a very common way to resolve disputes over the issues that arise in divorce. We can help you to work with a mediator so you can increase the chances of resolving your issues outside of court.
- Presenting evidence in litigation. If you must go to court for any matters related to divorce, children, or family, we can help you to comply with court rules and make compelling arguments to the court.
- Finding expert witnesses: You may need experts to help you trace money trails if your ex is hiding money, and to help you to convince the court on your preferred child custody arrangement.
When you need help with these and other important legal issues, we can bring our extensive experience and knowledge to the table. Let us help you to navigate the family court system.
How can an Orange County Family Law Attorney Help You?
Brown & Charbonneau, LLP knows that families involved in legal situations are often concerned about how their situation will turn out, and may be worried about the entire process of resolving their family law issues. By taking care of the complex legal details and by advocating on your behalf throughout your involvement with family law matters, our legal team can reduce your stress, make your life easier, and help you to protect the things that matter to you. If you are contemplating separation or divorce or are already involved in proceedings, we can provide you with the help you need. Contact us or call today at 714-406-4397 to schedule a consultation and learn more about how we can help you.
Brown & Charbonneau, LLP is a top-rated business litigation, corporate, real estate and family law firm in Irvine, California. We are honored to be named by Best’s Lawyers® as one of the Top Law Firms in the US, including the specialty area of commercial litigation. As an AV-rated law firm, we are proud of our 10.0 Superb Client Rating from Avvo. Our top-reviewed Southern California attorneys have also earned specializations from the State Bar of California, as Certified Trial Specialists, and are included amongst the elite attorneys to be named Super Lawyers®.
Should you have any other issues involving any of the below areas of practice, please feel free to contact us.
- General Business & Corporate
- Business Litigation & Contract Disputes
- Civil Litigation
- Partnership & Shareholder Disputes
- Fraud Claims
- Breach of Fiduciary Duty Claims
- Real Estate & Construction Disputes
- Trade Secrets, Non-Competes & Unfair Competition
- Employment Disputes
- Personal Injury & Elder Abuse Cases
- Trial Specialist
- Family Law
Our website is full of valuable information and resources. Our goal is to provide as much information as possible to assist all our clients in making fully informed decisions. Just click any area of interest.
Brown & Charbonneau, LLP publications should not be construed as legal advice on any specific facts or circumstances. The contents are intended for general information purposes only and may not be quoted or referred to in any other publication or proceeding without the prior written consent of the Firm, to be given or withheld at our discretion. To request reprint permission for any of our publications, please use our “Contact Us” form, which can be found on our website at www.bc-llp.com. The mailing of this publication is not intended to create, and receipt of it does not constitute, an attorney-client relationship. The views set forth herein are the personal views of the authors and do not necessarily reflect those of the Firm.