How Orange County Business Attorneys Help Startups
Orange County business attorneys at Brown & Charbonneau, LLP can provide invaluable help to startup companies who are just opening their doors for business. Getting a company off the ground can be a big challenge, but it helps to have a knowledgeable legal advocate on your side to help you to work within the legal system and to help you make the legal system work for you.
Brown & Charbonneau, LLP has assisted companies of all sizes with taking steps to plan for the future, protect against liability, and reduce the risk of problems with lawsuits or regulatory action. We know the ins-and-outs of the California laws governing businesses and we can provide the advice that you need to maximize the chances your business will be one of the successful ones.
To find out more about the ways in which Orange County business attorneys at our firm can help you, give us a call today. You can also read on below to learn about some of the key ways that a business lawyer can assist a startup organization.
How Do Orange County Business Attorneys Help Startups?
Orange County business attorneys help startup companies in lots of different ways, depending upon the needs of the company owner and the goals for the company. Some of the different kinds of assistance that business lawyers at Brown & Charbonneau, LLP can offer include:
- Help choosing the best business entity. If you start a business yourself and you do not take steps to carve out a separate legal identity for the business, you’ll probably operate as a sole proprietor and you will face great personal risk if something goes wrong with the company’s finances. Partnerships, which allow multiple owners to pool their talents, can also leave individual partners vulnerable to loss. Other options that are viable alternatives include incorporation or formation of a Limited Liability Company (LLC). Brown & Charbonneau, LLP will discuss the different kinds of business structures you could consider and will advise you on the right one.
- Assistance with employment-law issues. California has strict rules on overtime wages, on exempt workers, on when wages must be paid, and on how workers must be protected from discrimination or from safety issues. It is important to understand and comply with these laws as your company grows and you expand operations by hiring new employees. You don’t want to be sued because you failed to comply with California’s labor laws.
- Help reviewing financing options: As a startup, you need to make decisions on how to finance your company. An experienced attorney can explain different options to you. If you decide to have investors put money into your business, Brown & Charbonneau, LLP can help to structure contracts and agreements that will protect you even as you make a deal to share profits with the investors. We can also review financing agreements if you opt to take loans to finance your business.
- Assistance with intellectual property protection: If your company is being started to sell goods or provide services, you need to protect your proprietary processes that you have developed, your trademark, and the type of unique goods you sell. There are a variety of options including patents, trademarks and copyrights that you can consider to protect your valuable intellectual property. An experienced attorney can also explain trade secrets laws and other ways to protect your confidential information since California won’t allow non-compete agreements.
- Assistance with statutory compliance; An experienced attorney can explain all of the rules you must follow in California to avoid fines and penalties.
These are just some of the many services that we can provide as you get your organization started. You don’t want to miss out on the benefits of having a lawyer advise you on key issues that you may not even be aware of that could impact business success, so be sure to get an experienced attorney involved early in the process of starting your company.
Getting Help from Orange County Business Attorneys
Orange County business attorneys at Brown & Charbonneau, LLP can provide you with help, advice and advocacy whether you are just getting your company started or whether you have a well-established company that you want to protect and that you want to grow.
We have business and legal experience, and our unique combination of qualifications and experience allow our firm to offer the type of advice that you truly need to make informed choices about the future of your organization. To learn more about the ways in which our legal team can help you, give us a call at (866)237-8129 or contact us online today.